Get ready for an exciting educational November with our Home Education Calendar! From Guy Fawkes Night to World Science Day, we’ve crafted a daily adventure that will ignite your child’s curiosity. Dive into art, history, wildlife, and more, all with engaging resources. Join us as we explore, learn, and celebrate this November!
Topics for November
Day 1: Explore Weather
- Activity: Keep a weather diary.
- Resource: Met Office’s educational resources for children
Day 2: Remembrance Day
- Activity: Learn about the significance of the poppy for Remembrance Day
Resource: The Poppy
Day 3: Geography of the UK
- Activity: Study the geography of the United Kingdom,
- Resource: Kids’ UK geography resources
Day 4: Art Appreciation
- Activity: Study the works of famous British artists like Turner or Constable, and try to recreate their style.
- Resource: Tate Kids for art inspiration
- Activity: Create a Guy Fawkes effigy and learn about the history of the Gunpowder Plot.
- Resource: Explore the history and significance of Guy Fawkes Night with resources from the UK Parliament’s “Remember, remember the 5th of November” page and use this opportunity to discuss
Day 6: Famous Scientists
- Activity: Explore the contributions of British scientists like Isaac Newton or Charles Darwin.
- Resource: British Science Museum’s educational materials
Day 7: Historical Monarchs
- Activity: Learn about the history of British monarchs.
- Resource: British Monarchs
Day 8: Literacy Day
- Activity: Write a short story or poem.
- Resource: Writing Topics
Day 9: Ancient Britain
- Activity: Study ancient British history, including Stonehenge and Roman Britain.
- Resource: The British Museum’s educational resources
Day 10: Poetry Day
- Activity: Learn about British poets and try writing your own poetry.
- Resource: Poetry Society’s Young Poets Network
Day 11: Science Experiments
- Activity: Conduct simple science experiments at home.
- Resource: Science Experiments
Day 12: Geography Bee
- Activity: Test geographical knowledge with a fun geography quiz.
- Resource: Geography games
Day 13: British Inventors
- Activity: Study inventions by British inventors and create your own invention.
- Resource: The National Archives’ inventors’ stories
Day 14: Music Exploration
- Activity: Learn about famous British musicians and try playing a musical instrument.
- Resource: BBC Music Introducing for young musicians
Day 15: Space and Astronomy
- Activity: Explore space and astronomy, including the UK’s involvement in space science.
- Resource: The European Space Agency’s educational resources
Day 16: Eco-Friendly Day
- Activity: Learn about eco-friendly practices and conduct a sustainability project.
- Resource: Eco-Schools for environmental education
Day 17: Shakespearean Day
- Activity: Explore the world of Shakespeare, his plays, and characters.
- Resource: Royal Shakespeare Company’s educational resources
Day 18: Ancient British Myths
- Activity: Learn about myths and legends from the UK.
- Resource: British Library’s myths and legends collection
Day 19: World War History
- Activity: Study World War history, focusing on the UK’s role.
- Resource: Imperial War Museums’ resources for learning about the world wars
Day 20: Famous Explorers
- Activity: Explore the journeys of famous British explorers.
- Resource: Royal Geographical Society’s educational materials
Day 21: Creative Writing Day
- Activity: Write a short play or script.
- Resource: Resources for young writers
Day 22: The Industrial Revolution
- Activity: Study the Industrial Revolution in Britain
Day 23: Geography Globe Challenge
- Activity: Challenge your geography globe knowledge with a fun Globe Scavenger Hunt.
- Resource: Globe Scavenger Hunt
Day 24: Culinary Exploration
- Activity: Learn about British cuisine and try cooking a traditional British dish.
- Resource: Kids Cooking Recipes
Day 25: Conservation and Wildlife
- Activity: Learn about conservation efforts in the UK and get involved in a local wildlife project.
- Resource: RSPB’s resources
Day 26: British Folklore
- Activity: Explore British folklore and legends.
- Resource: Folklore Society’s resources on British folklore
Day 27: Writing to Authors
- Activity: Write a letter to a favourite British author.
- Resource: Author websites often provide contact details.
Day 28: Mathematics Day
- Activity: Engage in fun mathematics challenges and puzzles.
- Resource: NRICH Mathematics for interactive math activities
Day 29: Creative Arts Day
- Activity: Explore various creative arts like drama, dance, or painting.
- Resource: Arts Council England’s resources for young artists
Day 30: British Wildlife
- Activity: Research and learn about native British wildlife and their habitats.
- Resource: The Wildlife Trusts’ wildlife education resources
Let’s make this November a month of discovery and learning! Dive into our daily activities, and watch your child’s knowledge and creativity flourish. Join us in embracing the joy of education and exploration this season. Happy November, and happy learning!